First I went to Lee Lee’s Asian Market and got two 1.75 pound lobsters (Actually I got two, but I wasn’t a very good lobster keeper because i left them in my car while I went into a couple of meetings. Turns out that cup of ice I left to keep them cool, only really helped one of them. The other died before I got home, so I had to go back and get another. Once I got home I put them in the vegetable drawer on top of damp newspaper and they were both very content there until it was time to take a hot bath.) B and I kept checking on them throughout the day.
I think he was a little sad when it was finally time to stick them in the pot.
To go with our decadent main course I also made a Cheddar Bay Biscuits, Twice baked potatoes, a gorgeous wedge salad and S’More pie! See the end of this post for the recipes not linked!
It was a very delicious dinner! We made champagne punch to drink throughout the day and got a nice bottle of Champagne to share to toast in the New Year! We also watched Midnight in Paris, which for me, was amazing! It has a ton of literary and art references and it’s set in Paris. What’s not to love? It’s very Woody Allen and made me not like Rachel McAdams very much, but all in all, I’d say it’s worth renting.
I hope everyone else had a fantastic New Year! I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in 2012! Hopefully lots of adventure and excitement!
Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe:
- 4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 3 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, and water. Mix until dough is firm. Using a small scoop, place dough on the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, salt, onion powder and parsley. Brush over baked biscuits immediately upon removing from oven.
Wedge Salad Recipe:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup of Blue Cheese crumbles
- Basically just combine everything together and make it look pretty!
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe:
- 4 large Potatoes
- 1 cup of cheese (I prefer Colby Jack)
- Bacon Crumbles (I just bought it already crumbled and cooked since I had so many other foods to get ready)
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup of cream
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450degrees F. scrub potatoes and poke holes in them with a fork. Rub them with olive oil. Place them on the rack in the oven and let them bake for about an hour and 15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes cool, cut them in half and scoop out the insides making little potato boats.
- Mix the potato with all the ingredients, but save a little green onion, cheese and bacon to sprinkle on top.
- Scoop the mixture into the potato shells and sprinkle remaining ingredients on top.
- put back in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15- 20 minutes or until tops are melted.